& Property Dispute
We are specialists in resolving building and property disputes.
We can provide you with immediate help if you find yourself in a building or construction dispute.
How we look to resolve your dispute
Litigation can be very expensive and time-consuming. We intend to resolve your dispute amicably and without the need to go to court.
We work with building surveyors and obtain independent reports which can help show the actual cost of the work carried out (compared to the amount paid), the extent of the defective work and the costs of repairs and to make good.
We can help by providing legal advice on:
- Recovering payment due and reclaiming overpayments
- Builders having walked off site
- Unfinished and incomplete works and remedial works
- Defective work and poor workmanship
- “Extras” claims
- Retention disputes
- Contract disputes
- Planning permission disputes
- Negligent architect design
- Recovering sums from directors personally having contracted with a building company
Why choose us?
We have an excellent reputation for effectively resolving disputes. We understand that the client does not wish to be involved in expensive litigation. We therefore focus on resolving a dispute through negotiation, ensuring that the strengths of our client’s case are put forward so that the opponent’s mind is focussed on the risks of litigating.
It is important to obtain expert legal advice early on as disputes over building contracts or construction contracts can become troublesome adding to the delay and further costs in completing the building project.
We can instruct independent expert surveyors to prepare reports to assist. We sometimes pursue mediation to try and resolve the dispute as quickly as possible and to avoid escalating costs.
Some useful links below:
- Federation of Master Builders – they keep a register of tried and tested reputable builders.
- NICEIC – this is a regulatory body for electricians and they can advise you on the safety aspects and on obtaining certification of works properly completed.
- Gas Safe – this is a regulatory body for heating and boilers and gas engineers. They can advise you on any safety aspects, including certification of works.
- Building Regulations – your local Council will issue a building regs certificate once all the works have been satisfactorily completed and signed off.