We are specialists in resolving building and property disputes and can provide you with immediate help if you find yourself in a building or construction dispute. We have expertise in resolving building and contract disputes and assist clients wherever they are based and have a wide range of experience in successfully bringing claims.
Free Initial Discussion
We represent both businesses and individuals in disputes concerning adverse stories, press attention, previous disgruntled employees or other people trying to damage your reputation.
We specialise in resolving building and construction disputes.
We provide legal advice on:
- Recovering payment due and reclaiming overpayments
- Builders having walked off site
- Unfinished and incomplete works and remedial works
- Defective work and poor workmanship
- “Extras” claims
- Retention disputes
- Contract disputes
- Planning permission disputes
- Negligent architect design
- Recovering monies from directors personally
How we look to resolve your dispute
Litigation can be very expensive and time-consuming and so we intend to resolve disputes amicably.
We exclusively work on resolving all disputes before going to court. This is cost effective for clients and helps speed up a resolution.
We work with building surveyors as sometimes an independent report needs to be obtained to show the actual cost of the work done, pinpointing any defective work and the cost of repair.
Why choose us?
We are able to effectively resolve civil and commercial disputes including building and construction disputes. We understand that the client does not wish to be involved in expensive litigation which carries the danger of spiralling litigation costs and uncertainties. We therefore focus on resolving a dispute through skillful and structured negotiation, ensuring that the strengths of our client’s case are put forward in an effective manner so that the opponent’s mind is focussed on the risks of litigating.
We help our clients involved in litigation and building disputes, building contracts and contractor disputes.
It is imperative to obtain legal advice about building disputes as soon as possible from a specialist in property disputes, as disputes over building contracts or construction contracts can become very expensive and troublesome adding to the delay in completing a building project.
Taking advice from an expert in building disputes early on can prove invaluable in avoiding significant legal fees as resolving a building dispute sooner rather than later is best practice and keeps costs to a minimum.
We advise our clients to embark on settlement discussions very early on in the dispute and sometimes instruct surveyors to prepare reports to assist our clients. We sometimes pursue alternative dispute resolution and mediation to try and exit the dispute as quickly as possible to avoid unnecessary costs.
Please see some useful links below:
- Federation of Master Builders – they keep a register of tried and tested reputable builders.
- NICEIC – this is a regulatory body for electricians and they can advise you on the safety aspects and on obtaining certification of works properly completed.
- Gas Safe – this is a regulatory body for heating and boilers and gas engineers. They can advise you on any safety aspects, including certification of works.
- Building Regulations – your local Council will issue a building regs certificate once all the works have been satisfactorily completed and signed off.
Please feel free to download any of our template letters below, which you may find useful if you are in a dispute with your builder.
Funding and Costs
We are able to talk you through the best options for you which include:
- Fixed Costs Consultations
- Fixed Fees
- Staged Engagements (where scope of engagement is defined)
- No-Win No-Fee Conditional Fee Agreements (CFA)
- Funding Options – Litigation Finance and Funding
- Adverse Costs Insurance – ATE Funding
- Debt Based Agreements (DBA) – contingency style arrangements
How to make contact
To find out more about how we can help and to discuss your case, please call us on 0207 889 0100 or alternatively email us on email@example.com.
We can assist wherever you are based and we also have offices in London.
Please note that by submitting the above form you consent to us holding your data.