We are experts in providing civil strategic and tactical fraud advice
WLL are situated in the heart of London and we specialise in civil fraud. We provide our clients with swift strategic and tactical advice in relation to defending fraud claims about financial crime, shareholder fraud claims, claims against company directors for fraud, investment scheme fraud, corruption and bribery and advance fee fraud, to name but a few.
Why Choose Us?
We have acted for a diverse array of clients residing here in the UK and internationally in defending substantial fraud claims in respect of large scale airline ticket fraud, telecom fraud and tracing, FCA and regulated fraud, banking fraud, bootlegging & VAT including confiscation proceedings, property fraud, mortgage fraud and sophisticated insurance fraud involving a complex web of companies in relation to the motor insurance industry. We have also acted for clients bringing claims against professionals.
We exclusively work on resolving all disputes before going to court. This is cost effective for clients and helps speed up a resolution.
We offer advice on the following:
- Alleged copyright theft
- Banking fraud including financial instruments and investment scheme fraud
- Civil Recovery Proceedings
- Fraudulent trading and tax fraud
- Insider dealing & Insurance fraud
- Money laundering regulations and financial regulatory issues
- Property investment fraud
We defend cases brought by:
- Banks and Insurance companies
- City of London Police
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- National Crime Agency (NCA)
- Serious Fraud Office (SFO)
- Trading standards
We also offer advice on:
- Identifying true beneficial owners of offshore companies and trusts
- Restraint and confiscation orders
- Search and seizure orders
- Tracing monies
- Worldwide freezing injunction orders
And actions brought under:
- Fraud Act 2006, Bribery Act 2010, Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, Money Laundering under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Federation Against Copyright Theft Ltd (FACT)
- Criminal finances Act 2017 – Unexplained Wealth Order (UWO)