We advise on dispute resolution and assist in litigation
We are specialists in bringing cases against professionals who have provided poor advice to clients causing them financial, mental and emotional distress and loss.
What is a professional negligence claim against a solicitor?
We can advise you on whether you have a good claim against your negligent solicitor. Some examples of where we may be able to bring a claim against your solicitor are:
- Missed the limitation date or court deadline
- Caused your claim to be struck out by the court for failing to comply with court orders
- Made a mistake when purchasing your home or property
- Negligently settling a case for too low an amount or not quickly enough
- Failed to file a cost budget depriving you of the right to recover costs from your opponent
- Failed to advise you on settlement offers properly
- Wrongfully terminating a CFA
- Not advising properly on financial disclosure or pension rights in a divorce case
- We work closely with leading barristers in solicitors’ negligence and aim to settle cases as quickly as possible to avoid expensive and long drawn out litigation.
Claims are normally to be made within 6 years of the solicitor’s negligence. Strict time limits apply and therefore urgent advice should be taken to avoid missing limitation deadlines in order to bring a solicitors’ negligence claim.
We exclusively work on resolving all disputes before going to court. This is cost effective for clients and helps speed up a resolution.