We specialise in resolving building and construction disputes.
We provide legal advice on:
- Recovering payment due and reclaiming overpayments
- Builders having walked off site
- Unfinished and incomplete works and remedial works
- Defective work and poor workmanship
- “Extras” claims
- Retention disputes
- Contract disputes
- Planning permission disputes
- Negligent architect design
- Recovering monies from directors personally
Litigation can be very expensive and time-consuming and so we intend to resolve disputes amicably.
We work with building surveyors as sometimes an independent report needs to be obtained to show the actual cost of the work done, pinpointing any defective work and the cost of repair.
Please see some useful links below:
- Federation of Master Builders – they keep a register of tried and tested reputable builders.
- NICEIC – this is a regulatory body for electricians and they can advise you on the safety aspects and on obtaining certification of works properly completed.
- Gas Safe – this is a regulatory body for heating and boilers and gas engineers. They can advise you on any safety aspects, including certification of works.
- Building Regulations – your local Council will issue a building regs certificate once all the works have been satisfactorily completed and signed off.
Please contact us if you wish to arrange an initial consultation to obtain specialist legal advice in relation to your building dispute.