We specialise in acting for home owners in resolving building disputes. We do not act for builders or contractors and therefore homeowners have the knowledge that we are truly on their side.
We provide legal advice on:
- overpayments made to builders and reclaiming these
- builders having walked off site
- unfinished work and incomplete remedial works
- defending unreasonable "extras" claims
- defective work and poor workmanship
- retention disputes
- building contract disputes - JCT minor works contracts
- planning permission disputes
- negligent architect design
- recovering monies from builders personally if a contract is said to have been entered into with a limited company
Litigation can be very expensive and therefore we intend to resolve disputes amicably by skilled negotiation with the builders. Our clients very often wish for the builder to return to the site and complete the works within the initial contracted budget and to ensure that they receive their gas and electricity safety certificates and final building regulations certificate. This can be less expensive and time consuming than employing a new builder, not forgetting that the original builder will not release the regulatory safety certificates until he is paid.
We work closely with building surveyors as sometimes an independent report needs to be made available showing the true cost of the work done, pinpointing any defective work in order to assist in reclaiming any overpayments made to the builders.
Please see some useful links below:
Please contact us if you wish to arrange an initial consultation to obtain specialist legal advice in relation to your building dispute.